Graduate School and Department of Animal Science (ANSC) Application Requirements
Dear Prospective Graduate Student:
Below is a list of documents you need to submit along with your online graduate application that are required by both the UConn Graduate School and Department of Animal Science. Refer to the Prospective Students Page to view Application Submission Deadlines.
I. Department of Animal Science Requirements
1. Your Personal Statement Of Interest (Refer below to Domestic or International Checklists listed under Graduate School Requirements)
2. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
-Recommenders should upload their letters online.
-Cannot include letter from graduate faculty advisor of choice on the application.
3. Application must indicate preferred faculty advisor. Applicants should contact their preferred advisor before submitting their application to discuss whether the advisor currently is accepting graduate students.
4. Applicants who apply to the Animal Science graduate program will need to choose an area of interest. The MS and PhD programs offer the following areas of interest: Animal Genetics and Genomics, Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Animal Physiology, Meat Science, and Food Microbiology and Safety. Applicants will have a chance to explain their preferred area of interest in their Personal Statement.
II. Graduate School Requirements
2. TOEFL Score (International applicant [code 3915]) - minimum scores required to apply
Your application will not be reviewed until all items have been received by the Graduate School. It is your responsibility to make sure that your file is complete (all items required by both the Department and the Graduate School).