CAHNR Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, Professor
Dr. Venkitanarayanan worked as a Veterinarian in India for a year before pursuing his MS in Veterinary Science. He also worked as an Assistant Professor (Veterinary Public Health) at the Kerala Agricultural University, India for a year. Before taking up his current position at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Venkitanarayanan worked at the Center for Food Safety and Quality Enhancement, University of Georgia, Griffin, Georgia as a Postdoctoral Research Associate for two years.
|ANSC 4642||Food Microbiology Laboratory|
|ANSC 4697W||Undergraduate Honors Thesis Writing in Animal Science|
In the News
- Venkitanarayanan Named Institute of Food Technologists Fellow – UConn Today, June 2021
- UConn Researcher to Lead New Sustainable Poultry Production Project – UConn Today, August 2020
- Probiotics Effective in Keeping Cantaloupes Safe to Eat – UConn Today, June 2018
- Understand the molecular mechanisms by which food-borne pathogens tolerate and survive adverse environmental stresses encountered in nature, foods, and in hosts.
- Inactivation of pathogenic microorganisms in foods using novel food-grade antimicrobials, and studying their mechanism of action.
- Development of molecular methods for rapid detection of food-borne microorganisms.
|Office Location||George White Bldg., Room 114 | Lab: Room 006|